Merits of the menstrual cup
- It will make you forget about your period for the very first time.
- Your period will not limit you anymore. You can enjoy any possible activity - it’s like having no period at all.
- You will avoid many awkward situations. You won’t have to look for a trashcan to dispose of tampon or napkin.
- You won’t have to shop for tampons or napkins anymore.
|Use is annoying||
|Hinders your freedom of movement||Yes||No||No|
Risk of allergic reaction
Material allows microorganisms to multiplyMaterial allows microorganisms to multiply
|Needs to be attached||Yes||No||No|
|Possible sweat rash||Yes||No||No|
|Associated with TSS||No||Yes||Minimal risk|
|Known medical issues||Yes||Yes||No|
|Unlimited use (sauna, shower, nudist beaches)||No||Yes||No|
|Lasts during whole night||Yes||No||Yes|
For more check-out cost of a cup compared to tampons and napkins.
- All water-related activities, be it in a swimming pool, beach or anywhere else
- Riding a bike or a horse
- Working out including aerobics, yoga, pilates, etc.
- Sunbathing topless and bottomless as well
- Enjoying sauna or steam
- Skiing and all other winter sports
- Sleeping through the night (cup is a reliable all-night protection)
Are there any limitations to the use of a cup?
There are almost no limitations. The only exception is the post-natal period. We don’t recommend using the cup in days following the childbirth as the vagina should remain free to secure the smooth recovery process.
*We strongly recommend relaxing more during your period, especially in days of heavy flow. The period is a regular phase in a woman’s life in which she connects deeper with her inner self and cleanse her body and soul. Every woman should be aware of it and respect it. Every woman should respect herself and listen closely to the wisdom of her body.
In ancient societies women were resting during their periods. They secluded themselves in peaceful locations and let their blood flow freely to the ground. This is the best way and the healthiest way how to spend your period. They mastered a technique of so-called free period. Women can learn a way how to control their cervix and hold the blood inside the uterus until they release it willingly. Collecting blood using the menstrual cup is a great way how to combine natural processes of your body with our modern era.
Menstrual cups don’t stop the flow of blood. They just collect the blood for a while before you return it to the ground. This is the most natural and harmonious way there is.